"Warp speed, Scotty". If Captain Kirk was here, that is what he would say. Because, we have received our travel approval from China and we received our US consulate appointment date. So, there is nothing holding us back from travel. Except, of course, for the 10 million things we have to do before we leave. Here are the details: On Monday we received a phone call from our agency that our Travel Approvals arrived. We were shocked and delighted. Then Karla, our agency facilitator, told us that we should receive confirmation of our consulate appt in the next few days. She called us and told us that we have an appt at the US consulate in Guangzhou on Sept 26. So, guess what? We will be home before Lily and Kate's 1st birthday on October 5. Praise the Lord for His answers to specific prayers. We will celebrate their birthdays as a family.
It looks like we will be flying from Bham on Sept 12 or 13 and arriving in Beijing on Sept 14. On Sept 18 or 19, our daughters will be placed in our arms for the 1st time. I get chill bumps just thinking about it. Then we will spend a little more than a week with them before we return back to Birmingham on September 28. Yeah!!!
Be in prayer for us with all of the remaining details as we have a lot to do before we can leave. Pray for our hearts, our marriage, our daughters, and the Lord's protection and provision for all of our needs. We are grateful to receive encouragement from so many of you. We have felt loved. Lily and Kate, see you in a few weeks!!!
7 comments:
That is wonderful news. Best wishes for a safe journey.
Stan & Jutta Walters
with Alexandra Meiying, Viktoria Meixi, and Amber (finally the children got to adopt - the sweetest dog)
Whoohoo!!!! Your New England Fan Club is so very excited for you! Safe Travel and Godspeed! (Speed is mostly for getting all the stuff done.....)
Whoohoo! We can't wait to see your photos and hear about this incredible journey.
H, J, M, B and Simba
Phil and Jen, I am SO happy for you! With joyful tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face, my heart grows big with excitement for your family! I can't wait to see new pictures and hear sweet stories of your meeting. Your daughters have no idea how blessed they are about to be!! May God be praised!
Rocky Mountain Love!
Melanie Eagar
Oh my gosh, that's like three weeks away! Best wishes and godspeed from the Barbers!
Chester, Kathy, Alma Rose & Lewis
Congrats Phil and Jennifer! I pray that your trip will be safe. I'm sure their world will be filled with love and happiness, as well as yours. And Phil, if you look a little tired on the Ultimate field from now on, I'll understand...I'll still give you a hard time...but I'll understand. They are a fine looking pair of girls.
Peace and Wellness,
D Lip
Dr. Chambers,
I am so excited for your family. I can't wait until I can actually check your babies in for the first time at Children's Hospital. I am getting all teary eyed just reading all this. It is fabulous. I am so glad you can celebrate their birthdays together.
God is good!!!!!!!!
Be safe and know that we are all praying for you here at Children's South.
Julie Smith & Crew
Hi Dr. Chambers,
Mark and I are the ones you helped last September decide on going to Russia to get Leighton and Katie, better known as Nguen Kim and Tkhan Shon Tanovich Nguen, our Vietnamese siblings from Moscow! Now we have been home for 6 months and reading your story is making me sit here and cry and laugh and remember all the anxieties and crying and laughing we did for 23 days while we were in Moscow! What an amazing experience that no one will ever understand unless you have been there....but we are so excited for you and for Lily and Kate. Thank you for helping us get our babies, Leighton and Katie. Everynight, we pray as they put their hands together and we thank God for our family and we pray for their friends in Russia to have families and we pray for their daddy, Mark, who is in the middle east. Their is a huge Chinese adoption group here in Spokane, Wa., where we live. I love all of them, but especially my friend's twin 4-year-old girls, jenae and Jessica Nettles. I will pray for you. Thank you. Kim and Mark, Emily, Megan, Alison, Leighton and Katie Moore<><
Post a Comment