Monday, September 10, 2007

My clinic...my friends.




















I found this picture the other day of last summer during the height of the heat wave. It was so stinking hot this day, but it is the only picture I have of the staff with our kids here at the UAB International Adoption Clinic. Most of us have been together for 6 years since the clinic has been open. When we started the clinic, only one of us had adopted. Now, we have 7 children among us. Each year, one of us has been out for maternity leave for an adoption. It has been quite a journey. These women are like family to me. They have had a huge impact on me professionally and in my journey to become a mom. I have never met a group of women that I admire more. Pictured here are Leigh Anne, our family therapist; Lynn, our medical assistant; Jill, our developmental specialist; me, the pediatrician...and all of our children. Since this picture, we have added 3 other staff who are just as wonderful as these women. For all you waiting for a referral...be sure to call us for your pre-adopt review AND don't forget to tell me that you are a blogging friend! (Visit us at adoption.chsys.org)

7 comments:

A said...

Oh my how your girls have grown!!

It looks like a great group of women you work with--what a great service you all offer to all of the new parents. We will be sure to contact you when we get the info on our kiddo.

Hope for Lucy said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your staff (and those beautiful kids). I love your entire staff and cant wait to see you again. Ms. Lily has appointment with you on October 9th and of course you will be reviewing our referral of Lia Faith.

Love
Green Party of Four

Tina said...

I love your staff! I dont know how we would make it without the IAC. I always feel so bad for adopting families who do not have access to a IAC. Thanks for all you do!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a special group of women! Although I didn't have alot of problems with my two adoptions, the small problems that did surface would have been devasting without you! You found everything that needed to be found and took care of it! I will always hold you and the other ladies in the higest reguards. Thank yo so much!

Kathy, Chester, Alma Rose & Lewis

PS- We have Alma Rose's checkup with Dr. Cogan and Lewis' check-up with Dr. Waitrack (sp?) on Oct 8. We will swing by and hopefully get to say Hello!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with what has already been said. When we adopted Abigail with so many adjustment issues, your staff was AWESOME. We even had to call Leigh Ann from the White Swan hotel just for reassurance and she was there for us. I don't know how others without access to a clinic like your do it. Your service is invaluable. I love watching your girls grow up.
Jeanne
Mom to Abigail
www.abigailsblogspot.blogspot.com

Billy & Suzanne said...

You really do have a great group of people at the clinic. I know our experience wouldn't have been the same without you guys. It's a great comfort to know you're there if/when we need you. God bless your families.

p.s. Julianna LOVES looking at the pictures of Lily and Kate. Kate's puzzle abilities are a great source of motivation for her!

Jim Rittenhouse said...

Yup, Leigh Ann is indeed awesome. No question about it. And that looks like quite a group!