Lily has been begging to take ballet for a LONG time. She has been saying she wants to be a ballerina for about a year. She wears ballet outfits all the time and makes up dances. Early in the summer we signed up for Briarwood ballet. She was beside herself. They gave us a lengthy manual at that time. She made me read it front to back to her that night. She always wants to wear her hair in a bun or ponytail since that is what ballerinas do. The first day of ballet, she was asking at 6am to put on her ballet outfit. It was a LONG time until 2:30pm. She got there and was a little nervous from the newness, but warmed up very quickly and absolutely LOVED it! I can't wait to see her blossom there.
Kate has no interest in taking ballet. She and I sat outside and peeked in...honestly we were quite obnoxious...shamelessly peering in the window at her and trying to take inconspicuous photos. Kate's sport is going to be running. She and I are going to do some fun runs this fall together. This weekend we got to see her cousin, Megan's, cross country meet. Go, Megan!
Here is a picture of Lily before she relaxed and started having fun...
Here is her sweet class. Her friend, Laura Joy is in her class (to the right of the teacher in the blue) and Lily is sitting with her back to me right in front of the teacher in the blue.
Another random update on Lily.... She just told me of her first dream. We were sitting around yesterday afternoon and she announced, "Mommy, I had a dream last night! Abby and I were at the candy store eating lots of gum." She hasn't asked to play with her good friend, Abby Barnhart, yet since she moved to UTAH! I'm waiting until she askes to see her to tell her about the move. She is going to be so sad.
3 comments:
I know Lilly is happy about her ballet lessons. She looks so pretty in her pink outfit.]
Love, Mammaw
awwwwww~ so precious. Thanks for posting.
Wonderful about school...what a precious thing, to see them blossom.
Love the ballet, that is great!
funny about the dream, our Luci told me one she had the other day, too, it was her first to tell me about.
Post a Comment