Sept 19 was the 3rd anniversary of our becoming a family. When I look back at our referral pictures of the girls, I remember all the questions I had about them. So many unknowns! I remember how I longed to hold them in my arms. It is still wonderful to me that I can spend hours and hours with them, just doing nothing but being together... feeling their breath on my face at night as they snuggle in to me to go to sleep, laying on the trampoline together "wasting" time just looking up at the trees and sky, hearing their random "I love you, Mommy!", laughing at the surprising things that come out of those little mouths and watching them as they grow together and develop a love for one another that is a joy to be around. It is fun for me to finally know exactly who they really are. I know what makes them laugh and cry and what makes them nervous and feel safe. I know where their tickle spots are and I know the jokes that really get them going. Most importantly, I know how much they love me and Phil and how much they love each other. (Lily is on the right below.)

To celebrate our Adoption Day, we went to the State Fair. I'm a fair junky. I LOVE a funnel cake and a ferris wheel! So the girls are loving them, too! (Lily in the glasses, of course.)










I tried to get a family picture on Adoption Day, but between the waiter's poor English and 2 tired three year olds...this is the best I got.

Our first family picture is much better...
8 comments:
Happy Adoption Day and Happy Birthdays!!! I just love watching the girls grow up on your blog:) They are so precious. I'll never forget that day either - it was amazing!
Happy Adoption Day! I have loved watching your girls since your trip to China and looked at your blog countless times during our long, long wait, never imagining that we would also get a referral for twins! God is great!
You were meant to all be together, that's for sure!
Happy Adoption Day!! I think I saw Phil on the news talking about the state fair?
Thanks for sharing your updates... we are continuing to wait.
they are so precious!
i miss you guys and i love you!
<3 amelia
*chuckle* Meredith wandered by, and I pointed out the pictures of the twins - 'Wow, they're on the hurricane!' she said, and it took me a minute or five to understand she was talking about a ride....
Hey Pil and Jennifer,
I am from Singapore and happened to chance upon your blog...I am really amzazed by your adoption story and love showered on Lily and Kate! God bless you and your family. Enjoy church tmr! = )
Christian Chong
I remember reading the blog while you were in China.
It seems like only yesterday.
Happy Adoption Day to your sweet family.
Andrea
Belated Happy Adoption Day wishes, wow I remember that first photo and look at your family now. Your family kept us going while we were waiting and now we finally have Adia, thank you for always sharing with us:)
Post a Comment