I haven't been able to post for a while since I've had my hands quite full. Phil went to China for 2 weeks to love on orphans. He dislocated his shoulder on the first day at the orphanage and had to be in pain the rest of the trip. As soon as he got home, we found out there was a fracture and torn cartilage and he had surgery today. He was such a trooper to finish out leading the group in China while in pain. I love that man and his servant heart!
Thought my fellow China orphan lovers would enjoy a look out the blog the team kept while in China.
www.angelsinchina.com
This is a project we have been working on now for three years. This trip really cemented our work there. (Phil's last trip was covered in this blog back in June). We have been given access to all the orphanages in Chongquing. (I'm doing little spelling errors on purpose which you will see throughout the blog for security purposes.) This access is such a priviledge as so many of you know! There is a lot that we could not post that I'd love to share. I'm going to try to find a way to get a more secure route and I'll let you know. Also, I'm thinking that we need to come up with a name for the project since we are hoping to go every 6 months now and begin to raise support and awareness. As you are reading, if you think of any snazzy ideas...let me know!
5 comments:
Hey Jennifer,
It's Paige Betterton. Email me please at paige_betterton@bellsouth.net . I am trying to get orphan awareness started at my church and hope to make a trip to China as well. I would love to talk to you guys about how to go about getting that started. Thanks.
Paige
wwwbettertonfamily.blogspot.com
Hi Jennifer,
What an awesome trip and I would for you and Jerry to be able to help one day. I also wanted to let you know that we finally got our TA for Lia Faith. We are hoping to travel December 11 thu December 28. I will be getting in contact with you again. Looking forward to seeing you agan.
Have a blessed holiday!
Love
Connie (Green Party of 5ive)
Not having any luck with that URL for angelsinchina....
Phil Rocks!
A
long time reader! and have only posted once before. Our daugher is/was from CQ (adopted two years ago from CC City) and would love to read more about your work there...so if you go to a private blog: please include us!
I kept up with your last trip and was very moved!
Post a Comment