Monday, December 08, 2008

Report from our last trip to China

Phil and I just received this letter from our contact in the orphanage where he went in China to do physical therapy for special needs kids. I finally feel like we have a great project going - big impact on the kids with long term follow-up there in country. I could not be happier!
BTW...I'm so behind on posting pics of the girls since I am caring for Phil's post-op surgery progression.

"Just wanted to write and thank-you all again for your visit with us! We enjoyed so much getting to know you all, and learn from you all! I am so thrilled by everything that you were able to do for the kids at the orphanage. We have been back to the first orphanage twice since you all left, the kids are doing great - making further progress with the physical therapy things that you all put into place! The workers seem to be continuing with it and are excited about it, which is great - from what we can see they are really following through with everything - the kids are all wearing their braces when we come, they put Fu in the stander when she eats, Jin said that they are putting the leg braces on Jun when he sleeps and using the sand bags - he seems to be walking a lot better now! They are still putting Xin in her box, and she is pushing herself up to sitting with her own strength now. Qin has started crawling with coaxing now! We are really seeing changes - it's very exciting! The second orphanage group is doing well too - they have gone twice now as well. Said they are being recieved well, are putting in lots of prayer, bringing flowers and things to encourage the workers, spending time in each of the areas and taking time with the disabled kids each time. They are really excited about the possibilities there!Thank-you, thank-you for all that you all did to bring this stuff about, it has been such a blessing to us and to them!"

2 comments:

Jutta said...

Jennifer, hope Phil is recuperating quickly.

Phil and Jennifer said...

Thanks, Jutta. He is slowly recuperating. This has been harder than I thought!
Jennifer