I've been taking pictures like crazy lately since the girls are almost 3 years old. I want to capture every moment of the two's before it slips away! So I'll post some random events in the next days.
Below is our failed experiment that tried to get the girls sleeping in their own beds rather than a mattress on the floor. Our nights have never been great (understatement of the last two years!), but when Phil went on a trip to China this summer, things went downhill and I've been sleeping in their room between them on the floor ever since. One of my many "great ideas" for a sleep cure was to build interest in these Princess toddler beds. They picked them out online, we talked it up for about a month, I went out and bought $50 worth of Princess toys for the big event, and Phil and I (painstakingly) put the crazy things together. Here's how it turned out...
Lily: Hmmm...its REALLY pretty...think I'll jump in a give it a try! Look at this beautiful blanket Mommy bought. Didn't she say that we could open our Princess gifts in the morning if we slept here? I love the Princess nightgown she bought. I wonder what kind of candy she has for me in the morning?
Kate: Wow! It's like a REAL bed...pretty cool. I like pink! Something new to jump on! This is fun and exciting! It is exactly in the place my crib used to be...where IS my crib?? I liked my crib a lot... I think I miss it.
Lily: You mean...sleep at NIGHT here? With the lights off and Mommy all those long 6 inches down and 2 feet away from me on the floor? Kate...you're not REALLY going to go through with this are you??? I'm getting nervous...and I'm not doing it if you aren't.
(lights out)...Screaming, crying and clawing to get to me...
Ahhh! This is better!
MUCH better!
5 comments:
LOL! That is soooooooo GREAT! Jeff and I did the same thing with our oldest son Drew (now 13) but it was a race car bed.....he loved to sit on it, play, and read books but NO WAY sleep there!!! He wanted the floor!!!
The good news is, he now sleeps in his own bed!!!
Those are sweet pictures!
Sonya
You did a great job at capturing this moment in pictures! Glad to see we aren't the only ones going through the sleep issues:)
Mary
How funny--well for me, probably not for you!:) Do you think they would sleep in the beds if they were side by side? Hope they adjust soon.
P.S. I like how one is holding the other's hand in the last picture--that is too sweet.
That is hilarious!!!! My kids still love to sleep with me! But at least at this point it is not a "have to" anymore! They will eventually sleep on their own and you will miss this...(believe it or not!)lol.
I can so relate! Luci has no clue what it means to give mom a night of sleep. We got her about a month before you got your girls. We can drink coffee together...snore!
susan w
Post a Comment