Sunday, January 06, 2008

Just an all around great day

This day was, truthfully, before Thanksgiving, but I love these pictures. And since I'm already so behind ....












We spent the morning at the zoo with Laura Joy and her mommy. Thankfully Lily has Laura Joy as an encouragement since she wears glasses and a patch, too. Lily often looks in the mirror and says, "I look like Laura Joy!" As well, I have her Mommy to comesurate with over the woes of preschool patching.



















Kate's so stinking sweet in this picture...I could just sop her up with a biscuit! If Phil and I had a dollar for every time we say, "Kate is so cute!" we could adopt 10 more.



















...and my ever-so-sweet Lily. This is a rare photo of Lily in pants...she has been a "dress only, please" girl since 18 months.


















Here is our beloved, Laura Joy...vivacious and fun-loving.


















First time helping carry in the groceries. Finally, a little pitching in around the house...thought I'd never see the day! Take encouragement, all my blogger friends with younger twins...it does get easier! Here's a photo to prove it.














"Helping" Daddy check the mail.













These are my favorites! I love the above one for their sweet, teeth over the bottom lip, smiles. I never stop being amazed by their similar physical appearances. I love the below one because it is so them. They love each other so much. Lily is much more verbal about it...looking for Kate if she has not seen her in the last 24 minutes. Curently, Kate needs more space, but at the same time, wouldn't want Lily to miss out on any fun. She would definitely be missing her like crazy if separated for more than 24 hours. Their interactions towards each other are so different. Lily is more prone to manipulate Kate, but wouldn't dare hit her. Kate will knock Lily in the head with a bat, but wouldn't ever manipulate her. Hmmm....wonder how this will look in the teen years. Never mind...think I'll just stick the the present and worry about tomorrow another day. For now, I'm going to enjoy watching these little hugs!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

OH those pics are soooooooooo SWEEEEET! I LOVE the one of Kate on the turtle, what a beautiful smile!!
They are gorgeous girls!!!

Sonya

LucisMomma said...

What is it about carrying in groceries? Luci loves it, too. And that checking the mail! What a hoot--that is the way it is here.

Their smiles are so sweet. And it looks like the Daddys lost the tickle war at Thanksgiving. :)

susan w

RoLo said...

You have been missed, great to read the update and see photos of the gorgeous Lily & Kate

RoLo said...

Your site has provided us with so much inspiration as we have waited to travel, I have nominated you for a Blog award, see my blog page. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful moments with us.