Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The last of Christmas...

The week after Christmas, the girls were excited to be home and playing together. They are always like this after being out with other people for a while...they love coming home and it just being the two of them playing. I love it because I can plan ahead and get A LOT done around the house during this time since I know they will be absorbed with each other and happy.
Below is their day with Sarah after Christmas. (Lily with the glasses)














Here they are playing together in a tub of toys. This picture is so characteristic of their little personalities...Lily is looking in a mirror at herself while Katie is trying to figure out how the telescope works!


















And then...
The BIG one...we gave them our Christmas present. They were soooo excited! Notice how Kate is driving in most of the pictures. Of the first 4 hours of driving over 2 days, I think Lily only drove for 10 minutes. And the crazy thing is that they were both fine with that. Maybe Lily just got tired of Kate's persistent, "MY TURN!!!" requests every 60 seconds of her time behind the wheel. :)



















































































































I made a big bowl of tabouli that morning and since I couldn't get them off of the bikes/jeep, I let them carry it around in a bucket with a fork. They ate the entire bucket!














































Warning... when you see this scene on the road in front of you...get out of the way!!!
















8 comments:

M3 said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing over the tabouli-on-the-go. Too funny! That car looks incredibly fun.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny - no time to stop and eat when there is driving to be done and fun to be had!

Lily looks so cute in her glasses :)

best,
Susan Love

The Ferrill's said...

Oh my goodness, what is tabouli and am I supposed to be feeding it to my children? ;)
Long time no see, but we're comin' to see ya in Feb! Hope everyone at the clinic is ready! ;)
Love to catch up on your blog...what a happy happy Christmas and happy happy family!
Blessings!
Laine

Charity, Katie, Louie & Natalie said...

L&K are just too cute in that car.

I tagged you on my blog since this is one of my favorite sites. If you don't have time to participate, no problem. It was my first time to be tagged, so I'm having fun with it. I'm kind of new to blogging.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us waiting parents. It really helps to make our adoption seem more real.

Charity LID 7/22/6 for our Lily

Lily's Pad said...

I love these pictures, especially the last one with both bears hanging out the back. Too cute!

Ashley Winters said...

I love the toy car! Too cute!

Super Mommy said...

Oh my! Look at those gorgeous smiles! They are having major fun!! -Nancy

Kim said...

They look so happy in their Jeep! That is a great present :)