These are a few of Kate's favorite things. Actually, Lily came up while I was posting, saw this picture and randomly confirmed, "Mommy, those are Katie's things!" The absolute favorite is the green string. This has and is still being play with for hours at a time. She makes knots, lasso's things and just carries it around. Same with the bungee cord. The stick is actually a broken broom handle that becomes a walking stick and a horse. The safety googles are, of course, for eye protection. The phone is to call Daddy, Mommy, grandparents, Sarah or Hannah. The wrench gets a workout around the house and the bat is for self defense (I guess, I'm not really sure. I really don't notice what she does with the bat unless Lily is crying). The leap pad is for writing her letters, at which she is a pro.
Many of these items are just like security blankets. Here she is watching TV with bongee cord and wrench in hand.
Doggybear (there are two of them) is still her best friend. She sleeps close to them every night.
She has expanded to other puppies. Below is her puppy collection that sleeps with her. They are arranged in order of importance from right to left. Each was named by her (except Doggybear which was my error. I thought it was a dog for 3 months during my initial mommy fog. Then one day I looked at it after getting a good night's sleep and realized it was a bear. She already called him "Doggy," so he became Doggybear.) Anyway, from right to left below is:
Doggybears I and II, Big Puppy, Medium Puppy, Puppy with a Mouth, Puppy without a Mouth and Shake Puppy (he vibrates when you pull his tail).

Katie is a tomboy (the opposite of her sister's princess personality). She never wears a dress except on Sundays when I ask her to (Lily never wears pants, only dresses since she was 18 months old). She likes to wear T-shirts that represent the things she likes...puppies, Chip and Dale (Dale is her hero), Belle, and Mickey Mouse. She doesn't play with dolls, as I'm sure you have gathered from her above list of favorite toys. Below is a picture of her playing with a doll. She is, so gracefully, lassoing Snow White.
Another offer of mine to see if she wanted to play with a doll is below. She is taking her baby for a walk in the stroller. She was sure to bring all the things a little Momma might need in a pinch...a green lasso rope, a wrench, and, of course, safety goggles.
Kate's talents are along the order of logic and engineering. She loves to work on projects, taking them apart or putting them back together. She is also crazy about computers. She can play for at least an hour by herself on the computer working on letter, coloring and number games.
Kate likes to be unique. She doesn't want to be like her sister always. As far as I can tell, she is pretty introverted and enjoys alone time. She is like her sister in that she is very sensitive, sweet and smart. I love trying to figure her out and learning more about her at every stage!
5 comments:
One amazing and precious little girl.
Mammaw and Granddaddy
I enjoyed seeing you analsys of a three year old as an individual, you make me smile:) Kate(ie) is an amazing intelligent individual who is thriving with all the love and guidance two caring parents could possibly show, there is nothing better, thanks for sharing!
Cheryl
Love the picture with the hat and boots!
I bet she loves going to visit Grandma and Grandpa!
A
Jennifer--we are geting a referral from Africa on Monday. I would love for you to review her file. I will call your office but wanted touch base with you as well.
amy
amy@mcdurham.com
They are sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment