Sunday, April 06, 2008

Easter pictures

I'm working on my post for Lily, but in the meantime...here are our Easter pictures. Lisa and I braved our first egg dyeing experience together. We did it in my tiny kitchen with 5 three year olds. It was actually really fun thanks to my sweet cousin Amelia who was staying with us that week. She spearheaded the dyeing while Lisa, Phil and I rotated the kids through her dyeing station.
















































































Here is Lily enjoying her first chocolate Easter bunny that Sarah bought her.














Phil's parents came for Easter. What a treat!! Grammie and I took the girls out for Easter egg hunts on Saturday. We hit 3 in a row! First, the one at the library...













































Exploring and comparing their treasures...


































































































Next stop... the state park. The girls caught a glimpse of the Easter bunny. Here is Kate on the lookout for him again.






































There he is!!













Last stop...the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. Lily tied for first in the egg hunting contest. She actually would have won the whole thing if I hadn't taken some of hers out of her basket and put them in Kate's almost empty basket. What a bad mommy! I didn't know it was a contest...I just didn't want to hear the candy fights all day!




















This is why Kate doesn't find many eggs...she is more concerned about what is IN the eggs than how many she gets.
































Exhausted and ready to go home by the end of the day....













I highly recommend the Resurrection Eggs sold by Familylife. Phil and I were struggling to communicate the Easter story to three year olds who didn't understand yet about death or sin. Everytime I started to explain, my words sounded too heavy for their little hearts. We were saved by the Resurrection Eggs. Phil did a great job of explaining it to them using the Eggs (except for the part he threw in about the Easter bunny working for Jesus - talk about "adding to the Gospel!") Anyway...the kids LOVED the Eggs and Phil's explanation and really got the concept of Easter as much as a three year old can.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

GREAT PICS!

RamblingMother said...

I love the resurrection eggs. We don't have any but yet, all in good time. Family Life is one of my most fav programs.

Great pics of the egg hunts. Your girls are just adorable.

Beverly

LucisMomma said...

Love those pigtails!! Lily and Katie are so cute
(you knew that)

Grammie looks beyond HAPPY in her photos!

We made some Resurrection Egg sets when we were in Community Bible Study. Those are wonderful tools to teach with.

Did you see the youtube video of the family in Spain who've adopted TRIPLETS from China? Here's a link to a blog with the video, with a partial translation.

http://picturesartmemories.blogspot.com/2008/04/triplets.html

Andrea said...

Love the eggs. Got our first set about 7 years ago! Have to get new ones every couple of years. Kids loose the pieces! :)

Andrea