Sunday, June 15, 2008

Without our Daddy on Father's Day?!

For the last couple of years on Father's Day, we have shared our Daddy with children in Chinese orphanages. Through the work that we do and the children God has blessed us with to raise, Phil and I are repeatedly faced with the scars that are left behind on children from the loneliness of orphanage life. It is not something we share with many people in the areas where it affects our personal life, but it is something that forces us to take action. It forces us to not forget those that are left behind who may never find their forever family on this earth. It is something that grows out of our blessings of Lily and Kate. They have shown us the worthiness of each individual child. They have shown us how great the need really is. They have given us the urgency that we needed to begin what seems like an enormous task of being a friend to the fatherless.
So Father's Day without our Daddy is somehow more significant to me as it gives me a fresh thankfulness of the sacrifices my wonderful husband makes to heal and love my sweet Lily and Kate and to give of himself to those who know no earthly father. Here is a little gift to our wonderful Daddy. Our Daddy who has given us the most precious gift of all...himself.

5 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

What a precious video! Thank you for the work you are doing in China to love the fatherless, just as Christ loves us.

Erica
www.aaronandericahammond.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own son. You make a wonderdul father. Happy
Father's Day, Phil.

Love,
Don and Mamie
Granddaddy and Mammaw

Andrea said...

Cry, Cry, Sniff, Sniff! The funny thing is , I remember most of those early pictures! Where has the time gone. Seems like only yesterday....... I wish I was where he is right now. I have enjoyed the updates so much.
its hard to travel tio China and not miss it when you get home.
Thanks for sharing.

Andrea

Beth Buckner said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the video!!! Good job! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I would love to someday do a trip like yours. Can you tell me know do I make that connection? My husband and I adopted a girl in Feb 2007 and chasing for #2.