Thursday, March 12, 2009

What is Lily like these days...

My sweet Lily, my happy dancer...you are such a delight to watch. You make me smile so easily with your quick wit and ready smile.


















You are prissy. On the soccer field, you prance down the field stopping to twirl or arabesque or wave to me in the stands (while Kate is completely focused on the task...get the ball in the goal). You still want to be a ballerina. Your regular walk is half walk-half dance.


















You LOVE to pose for the camera. Here you are "posing" for me.


























































































You can whistle, turn a cartwheel and snap your fingers...all of which you are VERY proud of and practice all day long.













Friends are very important to you. You talk about your friends all the time and draw pictures of you with them everyday. Below are some of your schoolmates.













You are very strong and can go across the monkey bars by yourself.


















You tell me at least twice a week that I'm the best Mommy ever. You tell me everyday that you love me so much. This fills my love cup like nothing else. You are a big Mommy's girl.



















Now, you are a bit bossy towards your sister. I think it is because you are so wordy. You have about 10 times the words as Kate. That said, you have struggled to talk in public for so long and now this is finally coming to an end. Yeah!














Discipline for you has been trial and error (mostly error on my part). You are determined to do things your way. But once I switched to the "4 minute timeout" consistently, we have been in a harmonious groove. When you are wrong, you are quick to say you are sorry. When I say I'm sorry, you forgive easily, too. You have heartfelt prayers.















I love the below picture. It is so YOU...you are always very happy and usually wearing pieces of clothing of a ballerina, princess, fairy or "big girl."




















You are an "Old Soul." You seem to understand social nuances and I can't get anything past you....Not that I try! (wink-wink)
















Lily, you continue to amaze your Daddy and me. We love watching your fun personality unfold and seeing you prance happily throughout our days.

3 comments:

Hope for Lucy said...

Lily....you are one special young lady. You and my Lily are so much alike in so many ways. Do you know that you have the best Mommy in the world. I so blessed to have her and your entire in our lives. I just wished we lived closer together. Give you sister Kate a big hug from us.
Love
Connie

LucisMomma said...

Loved this! Lily and my Luci are so much alike.

Can't wait to read about Kate. :)

Anonymous said...

She has grown so much and knows it. She is beautiful and talented!!
snehal