Your favorite thing in all the world to do is snuggle up to me. Given the choice, you would never choose to be away from me. I know one day this may change, so I am enjoying every minute of while it lasts. You often tell me that you will stay with me for 100 years. We have spent many hours sitting on the couch with you in my lap playing with a small toy and me hugging you.
You are an introvert. In groups of people, I often see this look on your face. You don't have to be in the middle of the action to participate. Watching from my lap is often your preferred perspective.
Even though you are a Mommy's girl, you think Daddy is REALLY funny. You love to go on "adventures" with Daddy. You are most in your element here...hiking, playing in the dirt, picking flowers...
...or finding worms. You cried yourself to sleep the other night because the worm couldn't sleep with you and you had to put the worm back in the garden.
Your favorite pastime is playing on the computer or the leapster. You are really good and have the patience to figure out all the games out on your own.
You love to drive ANYTHING.
I love how you use this scooter to get around the house everyday. Sometimes, you even pull it up to the kitchen table and eat while standing on it. Daddy has been calling you "Scooter" lately.
Your all time favorite ride is your firetruck. I love the way you chase all the neighborhood boys on it. You can ride for an hour straight and never say anything, but have a mischievous grin on your face trying to outrun the big boys.
I think one day, I'll be buying you a motorcycle.
Lightning McQueen is still your hero.
You are so proud that you are starting to read. You still love puzzles and are up to 63 piece ones.
You really love to play with Sam. Whenever you see a cool toy, you say, "Sam would like this." You finally got him to hold your hand like Lily does with her friends.
You always have a ball nearby and like to play baseball with Daddy. You throw left-handed. You really like yo-yo's, too.
Sometimes I have to take them off your finger after you are asleep.
You LOVE to fix things. If I'm going to throw away a household appliance, I give it to you instead and you love taking it apart. You are very mechanically minded.
Here is a self portrait that you drew. You made sure to draw your running shoes. You want to be a "runner."
You have taught me a lot about my own heart. I cannot lose my temper or speak firmly to you without really hurting your feelings. You have taught me to think before I speak and to give a soft answer. Even a disapproving look from me can make you crumble. I always feel the need to protect you. You are definitely the baby.
My favorite thing about you is that you are so stinkin' cute! Your sweet smile and that dimple melts my heart every time I see it.
2 comments:
beautiful portrayal of both girls.
Mom and Dad
I just loved hearing all about Kate! Thanks for sharing all of those precious things...what a sweetie pie. It is so fun to hear how they are growing!
Post a Comment