Kate is very competitive and loves to race, so we decided to start letting her. We ran one Fun Run and she loved it, so today we tried a bike race. I really didn't know if she would do it because there were a lot of spectators and she hates everyone staring at her. Lily had already decided early on the race was not for her. She was a great sister, cheering loudly from the sidelines.
Here she is at the starting line in the training wheels race. I asked her if she was nervous and she said, "No." I guess her competitive drive is stronger than her shyness!
The race was 2 laps and she was crowded by the boys on the first lap.
But she left them behind on the second one.
She was so stinkin' proud of herself. She asked me at least 6 times if she beat all the boys. Phil and I both were relieved that she won because we were afraid of her reaction if she didn't. We definitely still have a lot of work to do on being a good loser.
One of my favorite parts of the race was about 10 minutes after our celebrating her win, she got Lily off by herself and said, "I've got something to tell you! I just won first place in the bike race." It was a cool twin moment. Lily had, of course, seen the whole thing and knew, but Kate wanted to tell her herself.
4 comments:
well congrats to katie! that is very exciting! i hope to see you soon! have fun at disney!
love,
molly d :) <3
Wow! I'm so proud of you Katie!!! Way to go! I can't believe you beat the boys too! I miss you and hope to see you and Lily very soon!!!
Love,
Mrs. Angel
Great race Katie. Proud of you.
Love, Mammaw and Granddaddy
Congratulations Kate!
Post a Comment