Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This summer's garden

Thanks so much for sweet comments encouraging me on our new endeavor and catching up on the blog! I really need the accountability to get my scrapbooking done. BTW, does anyone know of a service that updates your blog and/or can turn your blog into a digital scrapbook for you?

So, I guess I'll start with spring...

Phil got serious about his garden spot this year and built a retaining wall to house his veggies. So when planting season came, he and the kids (and a neighbor's kid) were ready to go!













The girls were ready for some serious work and playing in the dirt.




































I think Phil could have done this project in a fourth of the time without all the extra little hands.


















...but then he would have been so lonely!!


















Here he is tenderly working his soil. This picture reminds me of how peaceful and patient my husband is.













And I love this dirty little hand!




























Careful not to over water...














Too late!

















My happy Lily getting her fill of quality time...














Lots of critters were found throughout the day.


























The almost finished product...














The finished product weeks later! We had a yummy bounty for summer meals and the kids loved picking and eating their own plants.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

What a great way to get children to eat healthy food... and, of course, to spend quality time with Dad.

By God's Design said...

You may know this by now ... but you can upload your blog to www.blurb.com and have a book printed of your blog. I believe you have to arrange the pages yourself. I have heard good things about this and plan to do it myself!

Phil and Jennifer said...

Hey Giffens'! THANKS so much for letting me know. I did not know this. I can't wait to look it up!