Phil and I have gotten, shall we say...distracted. We are starting a new venture in life and it has been all consuming. Phil came to me shortly after the girls were home with the desire to plant a new PCA (Presbyterian Church of America for all you non-Southerners) church. The idea took the back burner as we were dealing with too many diapers, too many bottles and too many sleepless nights. Well, in Sept, he brought it up again and took me to a conference for church planters. I felt so much like a fish out of water there. Since before we were married, Phil and I have been about orphans and international ministry...why would be plant another church in Birmingham?! Long story short...we started walking through open doors. The doors kept opening and opening and God kept strangely leading. So here we are...starting a new PCA church in Helena/Pelham, AL. I think there are days where we are in awe and a bit of shock that this is where He has led us. If it hadn't been so clear, we would have certainly turned back over a dozen times. The new church will be called Christ Community Church. It is being planted by Oak Mountain Pres and Altadena Pres. It will focus on discipleship, international ministry (and, of course, mercy/orphans). We will hopefully start public worship in Jan/Feb 2010. We would love for there to be a lot of adoptees running around the halls, so please come and check us out!
Now, I'm going to attempt to catch up on what's been happening otherwise in our family and document the girls' lives before I forget each little thing. If you feel like it, I'd love for you to drop me a comment to let me know someone is still watching! I need all the encouragement I can to get catch up. :)
13 comments:
Jennifer
What an awesome answered prayer. I cant wait to hear all the details and yes...the Green Party of 5ive will come and visit. Your family is our family.
We will be praying for you guys. Lia will be seeing you in September.
Blessings
Connie
Oh, I'm so glad I have a comment! Thanks. yes, this has been and will be an opportunity for us to be stretched and shaped more into His likeness. It has already required more faith than I thought was possible for me.
Can't wait to see Lia!
Jennifer
I'm here and still reading :) I will be praying for you guys in your new venture and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.
Looking forward to some more pictures of your sweet girls!!!
Yeah! Another person helping me be accountable to this virtual scrapbooking effort. I stink at scrapbooking, so this is my only option. Thanks for commenting, but mostly your prayers. :)
Jennifer
Congratulations! (Is that the appropriate word for planting a new church? Oh well, it feels right, heh heh.)
Still reading too! Love your blog and excited to hear about this new opportunity. Best wishes!
Christine
Oh Jennifer. This is great. the only thing that would make it better is if Phil were planting in Meridan!
I would love to go to a church where there weer lots of Adopt. fams. running around.
Wonderful news.
Andrea
Dr. Chambers, of course I'm still here. I have to see those sweet girls of yours from time to time. I love how different they are. My Chongqing girl started kindergarten this week...where does the time go?
So glad that your newest endeavor keeps you guys in Alabama.
Wishing you the best!
Please keep blogging, Debra
"Feel" like dropping you a comment? I just wish we could comment with each other for several hours all about the new adventure that the Father has for you. We have been praying for you since you shared it with us back in Jan. We love you two and are so excited for this new way you will see God grow you and His Kingdom!
I'm reading! So cool!
Hi Jennifer. Yes, I amstill watching/reading too. I love keeping up with the girls and your family adventures.
What awesome news! Keep us posted on the progress for the church.
Time here keeps flying as well. Alexandra started high school and the cheer squad!!!!! She'll be driving in 2 years. Well, all this will be good training for me since I still two younger ones behind her.
Looking forward to hearing more about your new mission.
Hi Jennifer! I still read and love to watch your girls grow up through this blog. My heart is still attached to Bham and OMPC so I like to stay connected through what's going on with friends like you and Phil. I can't believe y'all are going to plant a new church. How wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you and Phil and can't wait to read more about that. If it weren't so far from Denver, I would surely come and visit. I'll be praying for this big venture of yours! Yay for you!
Jennifer
I still check your blog on a regular basis. I love reading about your lives. I have been praying for you and will continue you as you start this new venture! I will miss seeing you around OMPC :)
Terri Cox
Post a Comment