Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I love to watch Phil with the girls! He can make the most mundane things exciting. He is so much funner than I am. Like most families...they want me to cuddle and watch over them, but Daddy is the playmate. I love to see their smiles when he is playing with them. It is amazing how children are just as happy with a rope and ring game as they are at Disney...the key factor is attention from us in making them feel happy, special and loved. I'm sure other adoptive parents have these same thoughts when they see moments of sheer glee on their children's faces..."What if we hadn't have adopted them? Who would make them laugh until they fell over? Who would look and smile every time they said, "Look at me, Daddy! Watch what I can do, Mommy!" It always amazes me how much they want and need our approval and our focused time. They so need an appreciative audience to develop self esteem and a true sense of who God has made them. I'm so glad they have a Daddy that can do that 10 times over what is needed. Here they are playing a game with Phil at the beach. I just love their unrestrained glee!


















































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Daddy's are so special.

Love, Mom and Dad

Debra said...

I love their precious faces. They were having the best time of their lives at that moment. Great capture.

Anonymous said...

Ah!! Our girls adore their Daddy. Every time he walks in the door they greet him like he's been gone for a month...such joy! There is nothing like the love of a Daddy!!