...emphasis on BED because they are now, at 5 1/2, sleeping in their own beds in their own room! After 4 1/2 years of sleep anxiety, nightmares and nightterrors (our record is 20 nightterrors between the two of them in one night - can anyone top that?), 2 kids sleeping next to Phil and I, many expensive bribes, sleep clinics, purchasing and reading 5 sleep books, and a few other extreme measures...we are all sleeping.
Best things we did...melatonin, a family bed and prayer. I don't recommend the meds and family bed to everyone...only in certain situations. But it has saved us from so much frustration and lack of sleep. Once they felt safe enough and calm enough to learn to sleep through the night in our room...moving them to their own room has been so easy. It only took 2 weeks. Crazy. The first thing we did to make their room enticing was to let them build a "tent" in there and sleep in their sleeping bags in it for a couple of nights. Here they are sitting on their tent in a picture that Lily arranged (she loves to arrange photo shoots). In between them is a MagnaDoodle that they have written their names on to identify the owners of the tent, "Lilly and Kate." Lily has currently changed the spelling of her name...a very characteristic Lily thing to do.
5 comments:
Yay! This is exciting for you and Phil, I am sure! You guys are such great parents. You have really walked with Lily and Kate through some hard times. I know they must feel so secure and loved. Now you can all enjoy it!
So good to see the updates. Sounds like things are going quite well for all...yeah! How's the church going?
Proud of the girls and their parents. Love you, Mom and Dad
So glad that sleep is better at your house. People think I'm nuts for "babying" our DD--she is a few months older than L&K, and has yet to sleep through the night for a week straight. It's not babying! Wish people (including my own parents) understood that.
AMAZING!! YAY for y'all!!! I know it's been quite a journey.
Love you guys
Post a Comment