Thursday, July 29, 2010
Identical twin shoe resolutions
There are many ways that having twins makes my mothering different from having siblings of different ages. One that I finally got a picture of is the girls resolving their shoe disputes...you know the "I want to wear these shoes." "No, I'M wearing them!" With twins, you can say, "no problem...each of you gets to wear one and we'll pick another pair of shoes to wear on the other foot." We do this pretty often. Here they are happy to each get to wear the coveted pink shoes. (Note how blurry the picture is from the humidy outside!) A downside to twin shoe wearing is in addition to getting our shoes on the wrong feet like a lot of preschoolers...if we have two identical pairs of shoes, we often end up with one girl wearing 2 right foot shoes and the other wearing 2 left foot shoes. Sad thing is, I just pretend I don't notice most of the time. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hear you on that one! We went to Tahoe recently and I packed three left flip flops and one right. And poor little Ree is so used to shoes getting mixed up in our house that she just sighed a little then jammed the extra left one on her right foot (with the thong between her little toe and next toe) and walked out of the cabin without even complaining. I was horrified of course, and ran to the drugstore to get her a new pair.
I totally feel your pain,though in my case it probably isn't extreme. Huett an Sam are 17 months apart, and the same size, so the shoe issue is one I deal with daily. You just have to pick your battles, and surely the shoe thing isn't worth it.
Tiffany Hill
(from the nursery at UAB)
www.takeahillpill.blogspot.com
That's really cute! Miss you guys!.
that is the cutest story!! I love it!
Good idea. And good for you for pretending to not notice when the shoes get on the wrong feet.
Post a Comment