Saturday, September 11, 2010

Christ Community launches tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow is our public launch of Christ Community Church (CCC)! Check out our newly updated website: http://www.cccbham.org/

We have no idea who is coming or what to expect tomorrow, but I'm so ready for it to come. The last 2 years have been amazing. I would have never guessed this turn in the road that God has taken us on. I really thought we would be preparing for life overseas right now. Instead, God has taken over and given us new purpose, new friends, new experiences, and a new view of Himself.

I wanted to write down our timeline so I won't forget and for you guys who are wondering what in the world we have been doing instead of being timely, coming to visit, blogging and interacting in our usual worlds:

Sept 2008 - went to Assessment Center to figure out if our denomination thought we should church plant (that was an intense and amazing experience!)
Fall 2008 - prayed a lot
Jan 2009 - made decision to plant a church out of Altadena and Oak Mtn. PCA
Summer 2009 - so many dinners with friends to bounce ideas off of them and drives through all of Helena and Pelham neighborhoods (I wonder how many naps my kids took in the car that summer?)
July 2009 - first interest meeting for CCC
Sept 2009 - first meetings of CCC at OMPC and Altadena
Dec 2009 - we moved to a new home in Helena big enough to be command central for the church (this thing is a bear to clean and I stink at setting up house). But I love it and it is a BUSY home.
Jan 2010 - CCC began meeting in our home and the clubhouse behind our house
Easter 2010 - CCC started Sunday morning worship services so CCC members officially stopped going to their previous churches (Yikes! that was scary)
- first community event - Easter Egg hunt
May 2010 - outgrew our house (one day we had 35 children in our home for Sunday School!) and moved services to Helena Elementary School
Summer 2010 - first women's socials of CCC; first men's Bible study; first visitor's dinners
August 2010 - seven Community Groups established in homes
- hired Scott Ivey as worship leader and Karen Dover as children's director
Sept 12, 2010 - public launch

I realize I have very few pictures to post of the church. I'll try to fix that! I think there are some on our CCC Facebook, though.
I'll try to take some photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Beth Buckner said...

Very Exciting! What an amazing journey and it will be amazing to see what God does through you guys! : )