Both Kate and Lily have eager permanent teeth. Their permanent want to come in before the baby teeth are out. I've seen their dental xrays and they are so identical! Well, both have been working on the same tooth in each girl for the last month and we have an appt to get them pulled in 1-2 weeks if we have no success at pulling them ourselves. Today Phil called from work and told the girls that he was running a special..."All Teeth Pulled Today Will Be Worth $5 and an Ice Cream Outing After Dinner." I had no sooner hung up with him and turned around to see Kate was sitting in disbelief with a bloody mouth and tooth in hand. She had yanked hers out! I was shocked. She said, "It hurt, but I didn't even cry. I want $5 and ice cream." I was jumping up and down an laughing and calling Phil back on our new I Phone 4 with video calling. (We just got them and they are SO fun!) So Phil answered his phone to see Kate smiling at him toothless. I could see the dejection on Lily's face. She knew she wasn't that brave to do the same and, thus, would not be getting the Day's Special. Well, of course, I suggested all the old-fashioned ways to pull it - the string and door, eat corn on the cob.... She would go for none of it. She was just in a bad mood all day. That afternoon, I proposed that she let me hold the tooth between my fingers and then she would hit my arm hard. She went for it. We both screamed (or, actually, I think I just screamed loud enough for both of us.) The tooth was out! To say she was pleased would be an understatement. So, we video-called Daddy and he answered to see her toothless grin. LOVED it! Then we called several our friends to tell them our tale and then went out for ice cream when Daddy got home. I love being a twin mom!!
9 comments:
Aw, congratulations Lily and Kate, that is just too cool (and what a great twin photo op).
Ro and Ree CANNOT wait to lose teeth. I keep telling them it's a long ways away, but they think it's going to happen now just because they're in Kindergarten.
What a great day! They are so cute. Bet they didn't cry like you did when you or Daddy pulled your tooth. Ha!
Love Mom and Dad
A MAZING!!!! This comment from a former - but always - dental hygienist... look at the root structure - even where the root is wearing away is identical! There is still a lot of root left - surprised that they got those buggers out!
We rejoice with Lily and Kate over this passage! Great family memories built with iPhone, ice cream and money motivation!
Thanks for sharing your story and their cuteness!
I love it!! This post was so great! Beautiful girls, too!!
Tiffany
www.takeahillpill.blogspot.com
Great story! Congratulations Lily and Kate!
That's so cool!
Our girls are a long way from losing teeth, but I'll be interested to see if they lose the exact same one first, like Lily and Kate :)
That is hilarious!! Love it! Karson's first 2 teeth were the same...those baby teeth just held on forever while the big ones came in behind.
Good job girls (and Mommy too)! I just love their smiles. Cant wait to see you and the girls again!
Hugs to all
Connie
Amazing! What brave girls. Congratulations, Kate and Lily!
Post a Comment