Thursday, December 08, 2005

The new parent look
















Looking through previous photos, I found this one that we took on the elevator going up to meet Kate and Lily and become first-time parents. What is interesting to me, is that this expression is still on our faces after 2 1/2 months. What a wild ride! It still boggles my mind that I can love two little people so much who won't let me sleep past 5 am, poop in their diaper right after I change it and won't let me leave the room to go to the bathroom. Now I understand what other moms mean when they tell me that it doesn't get easier, you just get used to the amount of work and lack of sleep. Who teaches these little ones to smile that "I love you" smile just when you are losing it so that they live through childhood? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Photo! I don't know how kids know when to turn on the charm to keep you from losing your cool - but it seems to be a gift they all have! And lucky for them! I'm so glad you have having all the normal parenting experiences - I was so afraid you would miss out on those things being the "professional" parent! I think what gets us through these times is thinking about when they will grow up and leave us - and that makes us appreciate even the tough times. Lord help us all when that day comes!

Miss you!
Holly, James, Victoria & Stephen