Thursday, July 27, 2006

Today is our referral day anniversary!














This is the second picture we saw of Kate (on left in all of these pictures) and Lily. An ocean of words couldn't describe the emotions of that day. Falling in love with someone through a picture in a matter of minutes is not something you can begin to expect others to understand unless they, too, have done it. Since adoption was a choice and not a necessity for Phil and I, many people ask us if we ever wish we had "our own" child. Lily and Kate are the miracles that we struggle to grasp the magnitude of our in lives. It is as if they are asking, "Don't you wish you had a different unbelievable miracle?" Now that is a bit of a crazy question, but I wouldn't have this prospective either without having experienced it. I can't blame them for being curious, it is just frustrating to not be able to put your boundless love for your child into 5 minutes of "general summary" words. I do try, but the words coming out of my mouth are immediately deemed inadequate by my heart.
Alas, what's a hoplessly in love adoptive mother to do...but, of course...BLOG to show them off!! Hee-hee! Here are the Chinese American princesses sporting their country pride!



















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love the middle photo with the hats and the mischievous grins. Happy one year referral day to all of you!!

I hope we have our daughter by this time next year with the slowdown :(

LID 1/10/06 for Lily Kate

D said...

So pretty...and so happy! That's why I love looking at your blog, because your daughters always look so happy.

I guess it is hard to explain to a non-adoptive parent that Lily and Kate are your own kids!

Congratulations on the one year anniversary! I'm sure you look back and have a hard time taking in the changes a year can make!

The Wiggintons said...

We can't wait until we can post our referral date anniversary. We have waited six months so far. Hopefully not too many more. Your daughters are beautiful! We somewhat know what you are trying to explain because we are already in love with our daughter and we have never even seen her. God is so good!!!

David & Kristy Wigginton

M3 said...

Happy anniversary. They are beautiful, just beautiful - especially those smiles. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary....your daughters are beautiful. Thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. it was so great to bump into you all at the mall. we can't wait to see you all soon.
snehal, maya and elina

Anonymous said...

The new pictures are just delightful! The girls are soooo cute. I would love to get my hands on them for a while!! Hope you can come home soon. You are so blessed . Paul and Gina are, too, with Joseph and Lincoln...they are just precious!
Happy one-year referral day to you all!! Love Sue Oeland