Monday, May 07, 2007

What is Lily like these days...














Here's my sweet Lily. She is a watcher and a listener. There is not much that passes by her unnoticed and she has a great memory. She is very talented verbally and, at 2 1/2 years old, speaks in 5-6 word sentences. (I find that knowing what is on the mind of a 2 1/2 year old is rather interesting :) )







































She is very adventurous and fun loving.














...but she is slow to warm up to people she doesn't know. Here she is clinging to Daddy checking out the new people around her.




















Lily LOVES dresses. For two months straight, "dress" was the first word out of her mouth in the mornings. Now, I hardly put her in anything else. As I mentioned before, when I walk in a toy store, I see so many things that Kate would like. In the same manner, when I walk in a clothing store, I'm constantly seeing things that Lily would like.




















Lily likes to do anything that involves being a helper. She especially likes cooking. When we are waiting for Kate to wake up from nap, she helps me cook supper (above). She acts like a big sister to Kate. She is a good sharer when her sister is upset. Below she is teaching Kate to use the potty. She is saying, "I hold your hand, Sister...OK?





























She really enjoys the fact that Kate thinks she is funny. Here she is putting on a silly show for Kate.




















She likes to pretend that she is a caterpillar, worm or kitty cat. Her new pretend play is to call all the princesses she knows on the phone and ask them to come to her princess party. "Princess Cinderella? What you doin'? Come to my princess party?"














Lily likes to be HELD. I am constantly trying to make sure I give Kate equal hold time since Lily is much more vocal about this desire than Kate even though Kate loves it just as much.














She wants to be an adult.















Lily loves playdoh. She can sit for an hour and not get bored with it.














She loves her kitty, Zack (but it may have more to do with fact that she can boss him around).

















She is happiest when you are just sitting down across from her talking one on one.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

She is a beautiful doll! What a joy!

Sonya

elizabeth said...

Your daughters are so beautiful! I really like how you describe their personalities. It's interesting to see how alike and different twins can be and what roles they take on =)