Everyone is asleep and I should be, too. But today was the last day my twins were two years old and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Tomorrow they will be three! I can't believe it and am a bit sad. I carried the camera around today taking "the last of the twos pictures." It has been such a wonderful and amazing age. My only consulation is that they are going to be physically easier to care for this year (I sure hope) and they are saying the cutest things ever nowadays...so surely the Threes are going to be even better. It is such a sad reminder when everyone around you tells you that "they grow up fast," but also a great reminder to enjoy every sweet minute. Tomorrow Phil and I are taking the day off to spoil the pants off of them. It is going to be so much fun! Somehow there is so little guilt (actually none) in spoiling when there are two on which to lavish attention. Besides, it is birthday central around here. Today is Phil's mother's birthday...Happy Birthday, Grammie! And Saturday is Phil's birthday. These are just a few of the Chambers' October birthdays.
I thought I'd post pictures of one of my favorite days as the mother of 2 two year olds. Recently we went to the zoo on a rainy day. There was NO one there because of the weather. I let the girls run around in their bathing suits and we jumped in all the puddles and ran through the sprinkling rain. Lily and Kate do not like crowds, so having the zoo to themselves was a dream come true. Lily is the one with the eye patch in some of the photos (we are trying to make her weak eye muscles stronger). Thanks for sharing this day with me!

11 comments:
Your daughters have certainly grown up! They are adorable...
Happy Birthday Lily and Kate....What an awesome birthday you will have and we have the same day!
Love
Connie
(Green Party of Four)
Oh that looks like a fun day!! Happy Birthday girls!
Happy Birthday Lily and Kate. 3 is a very good year.
Beverly
Happy happy day Lily and Kate! Best wishes for an utterly fabulous birthday party.
(Rose and Marie turn two tomorrow, on the 6th - fun!)
Happy Birthday to your little angels! They are certainly growing up. Love the pictures at the zoo. Have a wonderful birthday and weekend!!
Another set of twins share your birthday too, Jenna & Jadyn are two today.
Soo cute! It really does get better and better... sad to leave a little of the baby stages but no time to look back because the present just stays so fun! Love the pictures of the zoo fun! :) Teresa P
Happy birthday sweet Lily and Kate!!
Happy Birthday Lily and Kate. What cutiepies you are. Mom and Dad have fun as your babies turn 3.
Happy Birthday Lily & Kate
It has been wonderful watching you grow these past 2 years and I look forward to reading more about your fun moments.
What an awesome idea - a perfect way to enjoy a rainy day. Happy birthday to Lily and Kate. My girls turned 4 in June. 3 and 4 are really, really fun too.
Post a Comment