I wanted to tell about my twin cake experience...
I was determined to make two cakes so that each of the girls would have their own. But at about midnight the night before, I had just finished only the Mickey cake for Kate. Lily was adamant that she wanted a MINNIE cake. So, in desperation, I decided to try to pull one over them. The next morning, Lily, Grammie and I went out shopping for a ribbon for Minnie's hair on Lily's Minnie cake. Lily felt special that she was getting to pick out her own bow for Minnie. When it was time for the cake, we sang Happy Birthday to Kate then whisked the cake away out of sight...stuck the bow in Mickey's head and put eyelashes on him and WALAH!...the Minnie cake appeared for Lily to enjoy her moment! Needless to say...I was pleased to pull if off and more restful since I didn't have to stay up all night baking the second cake. Who would have ever thought I would be at a place in my life where outsmarting 2 three year olds would make me feel as proud as the day I finished medical school! :)


10 comments:
Looks like an awesome birthday party!!
I think you're absolutely right about our kids' parties being even more fun than when we were kids, by the way. Halloween was incredible this year, even better than when I used to trick or treat with my little bro. Wow!
(That idea with the cake switcheroo is the best!)
Looks like we had the same idea about the birthday party!!! At Grace's party we also painted pumpkins and had a hayride! I think I enjoyed it much more than she did!!! It was a blast! Hopefully, I can blog them soon where you can see it!!!
Paige
What a great birthday! So funny that you were able to outsmart the girls, and that you are so proud of it! :) And being the mommy is soooo fun, too. I remember finally being the grown-up in the school photos with my 3rd grade class. Being the grown-up is so much fun sometimes!
susan
long time reader...first time poster!
this has got to be one of my favortie posts!
thanks for the smile...
ps... our daughter is from Chongqing too!!
Cute pictures and that is a funny story.
Beverly
You are one smart momma with the whole cake thing!! I am glad the party was fun for all.
Looks like you all had an awesome day! All the pictures are great. Wow, what a nice cake you made too! Nice party!
I am impressed with your baking skills! That cake is too cute! Looks like they had a great birthday!
Looks and sounds like a wonderful celebration
Too cute! I cannot believe they are already 3! We are going to the land of Mickey and Minnie in Janruary; let me know if you want me to bring anything back. Mary Austin cannot WAIT to meet all the princesses!
Julie
Post a Comment