
Kate now yells, "MA-MA, MA-MA" at the top of her voice to get me to feed her faster. Lily just looks at her like she is crazy and babbles something to her. It think she is saying, "What's your deal? The food's not that great." It cracks me up every time. They started babbling last week and starting babbling to each other in baby conversation yesterday. I think Kate is actually calling ME "Mama"now (as opposed to calling the doors and curtains "Mama"). It is really fun to be called "Mama". It is such an amazing gift to me to be the mother of these precious girls. I am treasuring even the hard times (not exactly at the moment the hard time is occuring...but later). I want so desperately to help them through this time of adjustment and give them everything I physically and emotionally have to offer. This has meant keeping them at home and a bit shielded during this transition, which has been hard, since I just want to show them off! It is a challenge to get two children securely attached and comfortable with their new home since I can't always meet their needs both at the same time. Everyone has been so understanding. This is primarily why I am still doing the Blog, so that all of our friends and family who haven't seen them yet, will get to know them. This transition won't last forever and we will be out on the town soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment