
Lily (left), Kate and I ventured into the backyard to learn about leaves and grass some more, so we would be ready for our next park adventure. Kate looks so much bigger than Lily in this picture, but she is actually 3.5 ounces smaller. Both of them develop and change so rapidly right in front of my eyes. I feel like I am study two textbooks about international adoption except it is the equivalent to something like an IMAX textbook - in multidimension. The transitions they are experiencing (most fun, and some hard) are complex and amazing. I feel so privileged to get to be at home and watch this unfold in front of my eyes in two totally different ways with each daughter. Honestly, I feel torn in that I can't imagine spending a day away from them, but I am now even more passionate about helping others go through the adoption process and advocating for other children to be adopted, that I think I will always work in this field as long as God desires.
1 comment:
well, what a surprise to hear the words "lily and kate" on the 10 o'clock news tonight. you and phil did a great job showing your heart to the viewers. so proud of you both! sure am enjoying the pics! i'll call soon and come visit, if that is OK.
Post a Comment