Saturday, October 29, 2005

Desperate times call for desperate measures















We had our first household illness this week. Everyone had fever but mom, so I had to take care of 2 very fussy babies and a very sick husband. Poor Phil didn't get much attention except he did get to sleep in his real bed for 2 nights (we are still alternating sleeping with the girls) and we didn't see much of him. Lily and Kate both wanted to be held all day long and didn't want me to hold the other one at the same time - hhhmmm. What's a sleep deprived mother to do? Ah-ha!... THIS is why Baby Einstein videos are so popular! Wow. It was like hypnotism (as you can see above). (Lily on right). 30 minutes of shear maternal bliss. It distracted them enough so that I could take their temperature, get their medicine down them and look up the phone number to the nearest psychiatric hospital for mothers of young children who need to "check out" for a while. Really... to prevent this last step from happening, I just hit the restart button on the DVD a couple of times, and I was a new woman.
P.S. Did you know that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children not watch videos until 2 years of age? Yeowzah! That's a long time away from now for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you are, but be very thankful god gave you twin GIRLS! I have all the Baby Einstein DVD's and Lewis will not be still for more than 2 minutes. Alma Rose would sit and watch them for hours is I let her. Of course Lewis is two and a boy and into EVERYTHING!!
Your girls are so beautiful and you are are so blessed to have found each other and become a family. Hope to see you in January!
Kathy Barber