

Dad and Mom graciously carried most of the bags so that Phil and I could focus on Lily and Kate. They made the bottles, handed us the diapers and repeated the words, "She is going to be OK" to me as I feared the stress of the trip would be too much for the which ever baby I was holding. Towards the end of the second flight, I shed my first maternal tears of exhaustion to the flight stewardess when asking for some hot water for the next bottle with Kate crying in my ear. The woman took pity on me, helped me make the bottle, get to my seat, provided me with my first hot meal in 24 hours and even set my little table for me, uncovering the food so that I could eat with one hand. During the 28 hour trip, Lily slept for only 3 hours and Kate for 6 - unbelievable.
1 comment:
Jennifier, AlmaRose slept 20 of 25 hours home from Ukraine, Lewis sept 30 minutes and SCREAMED the other 24.5 hours.. You need to adopt again and get the one that sleeps this time! But you are right. The memory of the trip fads quickly, I assume like the memory of labor pains.
Best Wishes,
Kathy, Chester, Alma Rose & Lewis
Post a Comment