Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Babies and blankies
















We are trying to get them attached to their new blankie and babies. Lily's got the idea, Kate still doesn't quite know what a baby is. But Kate came knowing how to play with toys; Lily just figured it out today. Both girls crawled yesterday! They are now pretty good sitters, too. We finally got both girls to eat something besides a bottle today! I almost cried when Kate took her first bite, I was getting worried. Karen E, you are a hero...the rubber spoons you sent with me were what did the trick. That is how it finally got Kate to put anything in her mouth besides a bottle! They are both, understandably, grieving the loss of their nannies and the orphanage. It is hard to watch, but I am glad to know that they were loved. Throughout the day they cry out for no reason and when we are trying to put them to sleep, sometimes they just cry out when they look at us. As if to say, "what is that 4 eyed, big nosed creature?" We see improvements, though, and can get some of the greatest, loving stares deep into our eyes followed by a smile and a snuggle. It is hard to keep on top of who is needed what and making sure both are emotionally coming along the same. Today was the first day that they both woke up crying and I (jennifer) was the only one around. It was so hard to not be able to comfort both! I was so relieved when my mom walked in to the rescue! I think i could really do this twin parenting thing well if we could move into the Marriott where there is room service, turn down service, laundry service and my parents have a connecting room! (oh, yes, in my twin dream world, there would also be daily physical therapy for my back!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no question, Lily and Kate are perfect for you guys. A match made in Heaven for sure!!

By the way, the back thing doesn't get any better, because they get heavier and heavier!

Take care!
Jan Merriman