Monday, September 19, 2005

Sleeping beauties















I know they will stay beautiful, but will they stay asleep? I really hope so. It has been an emotionally draining day, but exhilarating!! They went to sleep in 5 minutes flat. So did Phil...some help he is. Wasn't the whole twin thing his idea? Hey Kay, they are loving these blankets you knitted. I'm using them to tell them apart. Kate is in the hot pink and Lily the soft pink. Please pray that tomorrow will go well. I can tell we are going to be tired, but very happy!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer and Phil,

Congratulations! Yes, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I'm so happy to see you as parents and two more beautiful daughters of China having a wonderful family!

I love their names.....you've made Lily and I proud! ;)

Kathy Storro

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog, I couldn't help the tears coming to my eyes. What a special time. I'm so happy for ya'll and can't wait to meet Lily and Kate in person! We serve such a neat God.

Christy Scotch

Anonymous said...

What absolute angels! I'm so happy for all of you! Hopefully things will continue to go as well in the coming days. We're keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. How did the grandparents survive the first meeting? I bet they experienced an overwhelming joy at seeing their children become parents! Give everyone a big hug from all of us.

Teresa said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful and you all look FANTASTIC! Soooo happy for the four of you and hope that your (Js) Mom and Dad are loving the adventure!

:) Teresa, Tal, Bethany and JoHannah

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord...for He is good. What a joy to be able to share with you the excitement of your growing family. May the Lord provide as many moments of joy in the days, weeks and months to come as you appear to be having now.
Thanks for sharing.
Gordon...for Betsy Thompson

Anonymous said...

What a way to start off Monday at school (tears messing up my makeup) My students said to tell you congrats. I let them view this on the overhead.(good geography lesson). I am so happy for the four of you.
Cindy Greene

Anonymous said...

Wow, the moment has finally arrived. The girls sleeping reminds me of MaiLin on that first night. It is amazing how God gives you an instant love for these babies. Only Him!!! We have had you in our prayers and will continue to pray for your adjustment as a family. Congratulations.

Shawna, Chris, and MaiLin

Anonymous said...

We have all been watching and watching for the first Chamber's Family photo. Oh my - they do look so, so much alike. They are just beautiful! You guys look like such the family and it has been such a short time. We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon. I hope your night is going well.
Meredith is thrilled to see Lily and Kate too.
Leigh Anne Harrington

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I love the pictures and can't imagine how it felt to hold your girls for the very first time.

Can't wait to meet them! They are absolutely adorable!!

Jennifer Davis

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD! Around the world we are all rejoicing with you. They are beautiful and so is your wife! What a fun and wonderful blessing. we are keeping up with you every step of the way. Can't wait for us to go on vacation together - bryan and Phil and 6 girls!!! We love you both. Hugs to all 4 of you! jackie brown

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! They are so beautiful! We have been thinking about you and axiously awaiting photos of the girls. Have a great time! Can't wait to meet Lily and Kate in person.

Steve & Jan Merriman

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your daughters!! They are absolutely beautiful, and Jonathan and I are thrilled for you. May God give you great wisdom and joy as you raise them.

Jonathan & Brittany Oue

Anonymous said...

Hannah loved looking at her new friends on the internet! She can't wait to meet Lily and Kate!

Anonymous said...

Oh Phil and Jen!
I'm sitting at a library computer with a big smile on my face and tears running down my cheeks! I want to tell every stranger that walks by your fabulous story and show them these sweet pictures! What beauties you now have as daughters. May the Lord be praised! I would do anything to be there to welcome you all home!
But instead I will send all my Colorado love - and be there in spirit to celebrate with you. Can't wait to visit B'ham soon to meet the new additions to the Chambers family!
Love to you all! Safe travels!
Melanie Eagar

Anonymous said...

Jennifer and Phil,

Congratulations! What a beautiful story! You have told it so well! I can feel the emotions and have only known you for such a short time! I am praying for your safe return home and PEACEFUL NIGHTS FOR YOU ALL!!!
AnnMarie Jordan

Anonymous said...

Jennifer and Phil, We are thrilled that you finally are with your beautiful daughters! We can't wait to meet them in person. What a time we will have at the next Nobles family gathering!! I know Grandma and Grandpa are having a wonderful time with you. Love to all. Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

Jen,
What a great pic! :) I'm thrilled that they like their blankies! Thank you for taking a bit of my love to China with you to get the girls. Thank you for the privilage of being a small part in their beginnings in their Covenant Family at Oak Mountain! We love you and can't wait to see you when you get back!
Give kisses to them both from me....Kay :)