Friday, September 16, 2005

They are really treating us like royalty here















Well, you have to do something to pass the time.... Anyway, today we began to learn about Lily and Kate's heritage. We saw the Forbidden city, Tian'amen Square, the Great Wall and we ate Peking Duck. Phil and I have been all over the world, but sight seeing here is so different. We are learning about the heritage of half of our soon-to-be family. It is an amazing feeling. I am falling in love with the Chinese people and culture in a way I could not have predicted. I physically feel the Lord preparing my heart to love these little girls with a mother's heart. It is an intimate and deep transformation that I thought I had already gone through. I am once again amazed at the priviledge Phil and I have in forming our family through adoption. We find ourselves not talking as much about it to each other because there are no words for the depth of these emotions. Glances that we make at each other when we see a Chinese baby or a tight squeeze of the other's hand when we see a sweet elderly Chinese woman communicate more than our words can begin to tell as we experience this awesome journey together.
Tomorrow...we fly to Chongquing, the province of our daughters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what ya'll dress up for Halloween. what a treat.God Bless and God Speed.
Much love

Anonymous said...

You made us laugh and you brought tears to our eyes. Keep squeezing eachother's hand until you have the sweet small hands of your girls to hold.
By the way, I am jealous of your hats. I guess they treat royality differently in Honduras.
Take care!!! More prayers are headed your way!

Anonymous said...

That beats the Kendo outfit anytime! - Dean