Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Our first swimming lesson
















We decided to brave the pool today, figuring it could only be half as stimulating as the Walmart experience (it may be years before i try that one again with both of them.) I really thought Kate would love the pool and Lily and I would be sitting on the side just watching, but no, Lily smiled more than she has since we got her. She loved it. It really made her snuggle in and giggle with us. Kate was fascinated with licking, blowing zerberts on my face and the bubbles in the hot tub. They really are just as the nannies in the orphanage told us there were. When I asked what their personalities were like they both said "Lily is gentle." So I had to ask again to know what Kate's was like and the looked at each other and giggled and just said, "not so gentle." Now we know what they were talking about. She will mow right over her sister like a summo wrestler while poor Lily just looks at me with a furrowed brow as if to say, "Aren't you going to do something about this, Lady!!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello cute people!!! You two have a right to become the most likely parents to brag...your two girls are truly gorgeous!! Jennifer, motherhood is becoming girl...Phil, you have got to share those rubber ducks!! You four are constantly in our thoughts and prayers, can not wait to squeeze those cute creatures!
love, emily goodwin

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to see you all so happy and united as a family! The two little treasures are adorable. We've been keeping up with your blog daily and have enjoyed it. I'm impressed with Phil's culinary bravado. When you get to Guangzhou, watch for the iced tea at Lucy's.
Give our regards to Lily and Jack.
Best wishes and prayers for a safe and smooth remainder of your journey, and nice trip home.

Anonymous said...

What fun, you guys! Jim and I can't wait to visit you in Birmingham next year... and with our two impending boys and your two girls, Phil and I will no longer be outnumbered - at least for a short time:)

smiling, smiling, smiling,
Karla

Anonymous said...

they are just precious! all four of you are precious! i can not wait to meet them and to be with all of you together. you have been in my thoughts and prayers. love, love, danielle

Anonymous said...

It brings tears to my eyes to look at your babies and see your joy. I can't wait to meet them.
Krista and Phillip