Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We have arrived in Beijing :)

We arrived yesterday after a 13 hour flight from Newark. We walked around like zombies the rest of the night in downtown Beijing. But it was beautiful! Everyone is so friendly and the markets were fun! We love it so far. We finally went to sleep only to wake up at 5 am from jetlag. This marked a historic event that has never happened before...all the Nobles (me (Jennifer) and my parents) were dressed and ready to go by 7am! Phil and his family is always up at the crack of dawn anyway. So, even though it takes 1300 miles and jetlag to get the night loving Nobles up on time...it can be done! We don't have a translator or tour guide during this leg of the trip which is really fun and adventurous since we don't speak the language. Last night we slurped noodles at a local resturant. We weren't sure what we had ordered, but ate what came out. This puts a whole new meaning into saying the blessing before meals. This morning we ate congie (a soupy rice dish) for the first time. This is likely what our girls eat daily. It is hard to believe that we are so close to them now. Of course, as we walk the streets we look at all the women and wonder which ones our daughters will look like as they grow up and when we see little girls we wonder if this is what they look like now.
Today we will visit 3 local orphanages run by private companies. I absolutely cannot wait! I'm sure it will be emotional. I always am emotional visiting orphanages, but it is so personal to me now. I tear up just thinking about it...oh no. Can i handle this day?! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted that you arrived. I've been glued to my lap-top checking constantly! I can't wait to hear how you all handle the first meeting with your girls-you guys are an emotional bunch! Glad you arrived safely!